Sunday 28 February 2010

Brayered Pocket Silhouettes

Brayering is something we all seem to shy away from even though the effect is quite stunning and easily achieved once you take the plunge. I've only recently been introduced to brayering and although I don't do it often, when I do I'm always pleased with the outcome. These little 4"x4" easel cards are so adorable and having made them in monochromatic shades it just goes to show, you don't need lots of different colours when it comes to brayering. The brayer I used is one that Stampin'Up! sells (the best of course) the Speedball roller. If you've ever seen the Queen of brayering, Barbara Gray on the well known craft shopping channel it's the same size and make as she uses and the Stampin'Up! one is a fraction of the price too - £8.95...bargain! I shall be demoing brayering at a workshop in the next few weeks and if you'd like to see how I made these I'm more than happy to come and show you how it's achieved with a home workshop - I don't bite honest. So it's the last day of Sale-a-bration today, I hope you've all managed to get yourself one or all of the fabulous FREE sets that have been on offer over the last 2 months. It's a shame we can't have FREE ones all the time but then again if you host a home workshop you can! If you fancy some freebies and you're debating whether to have a party, please email me at jodumbleton@aol.co.uk and I will happily 'talk' you through what happens and what you can earn. There's no pressure to have one and if you'd prefer to have a little taster, I have classes and Open House events planned that you'd be more than welcome to attend. I'll be back tomorrow with the winner of my Flight of the Butterfly Card Tin Kit which you still have time to enter here. Good luck and see you tomorrow!

14 comments:

Unknown said...

Jo these are gorgeous!!! I love the monochrome colours you have used, just perfect!!
Angela x

Aimes said...

Thanks for reminding me that I owe my brayer some inky love! These cards are gorgeous - totally working the monochrome style! Wish I lived closer so I could come play!
x

Stamps and Paper said...

Jo what stunning cards....beautiful colours,and you have reminded me that I haven't used my brayer for ages.

Anne

Suzie Q said...

Hi Jo,
these look very smart and far too complicated for me no doubt lol x
hugs
Suzie Qx

Val said...

abso;outely stunning Jo, love it x

Maria said...

I am speechless Jo
These are totally amazing......

I need lessons lol

Saxo Stamper said...

Jo, these are just beautiful

love K x

Linz said...

these are absolutely fabulous Jo - i'm loving the monochromatic effect, i need to dig my brayer out and have a go

Lynne K said...

Just catching up with your blog, Jo. I love these cards. So pretty. The brayered background is very effective. Gorgeous!

Unknown said...

I don't know how I missed this post, these cards are really beautiful (as are all your creations).

Shazza said...

these are beautiful, well done you
x

Alex said...

A novice you say Jo! These are divine!

Well done xx

Unknown said...

Jo, I love these cards, but since I am in the US of A, I don't think you will be coming here to show me... So I was hoping for a bit of explanation on how you did these, I have an idea, but not entirely. Thanks, B-Jo

Amanda said...

Jo. I just have to say again that I still love these cards.... they are still my fave brayering projects ever..... So I hope you don't mind but I have CASEd for a class using brayers and inks I am running this week... and your blog is now on a link from mine - as you deserve the credit ... not me!! So a 1000 thank yous......you are one very clever lady!!