Wednesday 9 September 2009

Neat Ribbon Storage

Over my many years of crafting I've accumulated a ton of ribbon. It's all been chucked in a large bag and whenever I came to look for a certain piece or colour I could never find what I was looking for, plus it was all mangled together.
A couple of months back my fellow Demo Helen sent me a few links to blogs on ribbon storage and I came across a lady that had come up with a really easy, cheap and organised way of storing them. Unfortunately I can't give credit where credits due as I've now lost the link but I'm very thankful whoever it was. Anyway, here's my newly organised ribbon...

This is an A4 clear plastic box with lid that I've had hanging round for ages. They're quite easy to get hold of but to be honest any size box will do.

All you need for this is some fairly rigid card and rubber bands. I used the 12x12 card that comes in the back of the SU! DSP papers, and cut it into 24, 2" x 2.5" pieces.

Wrap you ribbon round the card and secure with the rubber band.....

...plonk in the box and Voila! I also made some dividers using another piece of card basically cut to the depth and length of the box to keep each line of ribbons seperated.

This box holds 160 different ribbons and I still have room for more.

Much better than a tatty old bag shoved in the corner and now I can see quite clearly what I have without having to go through a tangled mess to find it.

I've now got to find something for all my SU! ribbons. As they come on spools and in much larger quantities I'm going to have to find something a bit more substantial for them.

Right, off to create....

Tfl and see ya soon,

Jo :)

7 comments:

debbi taylor said...

shading light to dark! neat and tidy - love it!

Leigh said...

I like this idea. I've tried soooo many ribbon solutions over the years and still haven't found the perfect one.

Fiona said...

Oh wow - how organised is this - you can come and do mine whenever you're free. lol!

Saxo Stamper said...

Great Idea Jo, I confess mine are in a bag and a right mess !

k x

Sam said...

that is such a good idea!! I might just steal it!! ;-)

Lesley Edmonds said...

I like this very much, and cheap to do LOL!! Dowling is probably best for your spools.
Lesley x

Rustyhammer said...

Thats fab - mine are in a tangled mess in a bag - and I can never find the right one when I need it. May tackle this tomorrow, as I fancy a 'potter' day