Tuesday 23 June 2009

To Grandad

It's my FIL's Birthday today, he's 70. Now I shamefully have to say I haven't made a card to give from DH and I, but I have done one from Jake. My inlaws always appreciate everything I give to them handmade and I know he will love this. This is the first time I've used 'All in the family' and at first I was a bit daunted by it, but with the aid of a Stamp-a-ma-jig you can't go wrong really. The 'Grandad' was a lightbulb moment after a disaster. I was all ready to stamp the word straight onto the card using those tiny alphas by Studio G (99p bargain), and before I knew it I'd stamped the 'N' the wrong way round so it looked like a 'Z'!!! Panicking of how on earth I was going to correct this mistake I came up with stamping the letters on cardstock and cutting out with the 1/2" circle punch. I like how it's turned out. How about that for a happy accident. Love that DSP too - it's the Ski Slope paper. Who says it has to be just for Christmas?? lol I'm off to work now. Have a good one it's going to be a scorcher. Tfl, Jo :)

4 comments:

Stamping Moments said...

Hi Jo,

Lovely card and the basket is to die for, must try that colour combo.

My FIL is 80 today!!

Are you going to Taunton on Saturday?

Luv jen x

Janette said...

Hi Jo,

Love the card...I did letters in circles on a few of Simons scrap pages...never thought to do it on a card...great....your right it was a scorcher
TFS
Hugs
Janette

Monica Gale said...

This is fabroonie my dear Jo. You are so clever I love your cards M xxx

Alex said...

Love the card :) Great colours and layout.

Alex x